Friday, June 13, 2014

Funny things about Growing up Reid

I had a sister that turned into a werewolf.
The same sister broke my arm on an airplane ride.
Cakes never had frosting more than one night.
Sometimes dishes weren't washed, they were thrown away.
Some cupboards you couldn't open, others you couldn't close.
Nuggies were a sign of affection. (or I tell myself this now.)
I had a brother that made an annoying sound with his throat that nobody could replicate.
Being the youngest, I got blamed for WAY more than I ever did.
My siblings made me a fart detector by making me smell everyone to decipher who farted.
I was told it was ok that I was ugly because I was like the ugly duckling.
Asking how fast I could do something was a clever way of making me do it!
-Joey
I wonder who that sister was? Yes I was the werewolf...guess I have grown into a vampire. I think of how fun Saturday mornings were we woke up early and ran into Mom and Dad's waterbed and then went and watched cartoons. I remember playing shark or alligator. We would stack the pillows and one person would stay on the ground and the others would jump from couch to pillows and try not to be touched by the shark or alligator. I remember stuffed animals galore and tons of toys. Luckily Tiffany taught me how to stuff them all under our bed when we needed to clean our room. I remember the cool beach wallpaper in Johnny's room. We played outside for hours whether it be digging in the backyard with Mom's good spoons to make matchbox car tracks or pretending that we owned a resturant and turning leaves into goumet feasts. -Natalie

No comments: