SPORTS
I remember when I first started playing soccer, I think I was four or five and Mom said to me "Are you sure you want to play?" Then she said something to the effect that Mike had quit when he was my age. Mom and Dad were always so supportive with any of our athletic endeavors. I am amazed they made it to all of the games they did. I'm sure at times they had to divide and conquer, but it seems like they were both always there, and when Dad was there you definitely knew it. - Joey
You could hear Dad from anywhere. He would be yelling at the refs whether it was a good call or a bad call. -Mike
I remember Mom or Dad or both of them being at most of my soccer games. With six very active kids I can't imagine how the managed to pull off being at so many of my games. I really enjoyed the one on one time with Dad when I had a club game that we traveled to. Dad would give advice and counsel on the long car rides. Dad was louder than any coach I ever had and you bet I could hear him cheering me on from the sidelines. I remember going bowling as a family a lot growing up and Dad was good but if he had a bad ball he would always look at his thumb as if it had let him down. Once I was upstairs and Dad was yelling I stayed upstairs for about a half hour just to stay out of his way I came down only to find Dad watching a football game. Dad has always really enjoyed watching sports. -Natalie
My love of running had to come from Dad. I love that he took us to races. I was so excited after my first marathon to share my accomplishment with them. I love that he wanted to bike or be outdoors all of the time. I remember Mom and Dad planning a backpacking trip and I was determined to go they thought I was too young and would have a hard time carrying the pack but I would not take no for an answer. They let me go and I think a mile into the trip I knew they were right. Dad took my pack and was hiking with two when I refused to go any further. Dad took me back to the start and dropped me with their close friends. Now thinking about it he had to hike two or three miles behind and try to catch up. Thank goodness he was in shape and able. After that I knew I wanted to be stronger and never give up. -Tiffany
Sunday, June 8, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment