What I remember about Church growing up
Sometimes church seemed to take forever! Like Mike said, especially fast Sundays. I remember sitting in Primary pretending I was eating a big hamburger thinking i could trick my body into not being so hungry. I also remember when we were in Santa Fe I tried to pretend I was sick because I wanted to go home and watch the SuperBowl. I did love our family taking up a whole pew in sacrament meeting, and still think its amazing when we are all in church together. - Joey
It was LONG, still is. Sundays I couldn't play and the ice cream man parked in front of our house with that music playing. Fast Sunday lasted forever especially on the 2 o'clock schedule when we didn't get to come home and it until 5 o'clock. -Mike
Sunday was always a special day. Mom and Dad tried hard to distinguish it from the other days of the week. I don't think that we ever really pulled of the day of rest part. I remember the chaos of Sunday morning and always trying to find someone's missing church shoes. They were probably buried in the laundry room but that would take until the next week to find them for sure. I loved Sunday dinners and still do. -Natalie
Sunday dinners are and have always been awesome! I love that we would always eat together. One time Johnny, Natalie and I snuck outside (the front yard) and we could hear Dad yelling on the top of his lungs to get home now. We all got spanked and Johnny said cry really hard on the first one and the others wont be as hard. We couldn't swim on Sunday and that felt like torture. Going to church was always a production because we were always late and Dad always wanted to be on time. I really liked when Dad served with Bishop Saunders and Brother Hambly. It seemed like we had fun activities and great fast and testimony meetings. -Tiffany
Sunday, June 8, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment