Monday, June 9, 2014

PETS

Dogs, cats, rabbits, birds, snakes, a rat, and even a pig, not to mention frogs that seemed to appear by the swampy mess near the pool filter. Snicker was one of my favorite dogs when I was little. I remember Scottie, our cocker spaniel that was a complete spaz. Poison was an awesome dog as well. I'm so glad Sheba is there now so all the grandkids have a dog to grow up with, even though I miss her everyday.  Mooda seemed to live forever, I think she was older than me for most of my life. It seems like at times our backyard was full of rabbits. I remember one liter that had a little bunny with one black eye that we called Spud. Wasn't one of the cockatoo's named Yoda? I know we had a few different types of snakes growing up but Charlotte was Johnny's huge ball python. I think Natalie had the rat, or maybe it was Mike's. Bacon was fun, it was cool having a pig. -Joey
We had lots of rabbits, birds, doves canaries, Mooda Cherry's cat. Scotty and Patton the cockerspaniels, Snicker and the potbelly pig Bacon.  -Mike
  It seems like we always had a Dog growing up. Mooda lived forever but was really only very fond of Cherry and I loved watching the backyard for the baby rabbits. I remember the Christmas that mom got Dad the popbelly pig. Bacon was so fun to have around. I took him to the vet because he got really sick at one point. The treatment was going to be about 800.00 I talked to Mom on the phone and she thought that was much too expensive and as my tears gushed from my eyes I told the receptionist. She said let me see if there are any other options. They gave me some medicine to take home. I gave the pig. Intramuscular injections and he got better.  Mom is not much of an animal lover so it has been fun to watch her enjoy Sheba so much. -Natalie
Other than horses I know Mom didn't want or enjoy pets.  I think Mom needed pets that live in a barn.  There was plenty to take care of and I can just imagine the thought of taking care of another thing could have been overwhelming.  It is shocking that we were able to have the many pets we did.  I do remember Dad taking apart the oven to rescue a lost hamster and I think its name was Farah must have been Johnnys with that name.  I don't think it was the first or the last time that critter escaped.  I was able to have two birds one named Yoda and the other Lala.  Yoda we bought and when I had him outside Lala flew up to the cage and I was able to keep her also because Johnny caught her and put it in the cage. Mom was good about letting us bring over our pets after we were married but I don't think she ever liked when our newfoundland would come in the house and shake is water everywhere.  Dad was always willing to dog sit.  -Tiffany

No comments: