Friday, June 13, 2014

Sunday Dinner at Grandma and Grandpa's

When I first think about growing up a Reid, my mind always goes to sunday dinners. I may have complained about the food when I was little, and even thrown up once or twice, but it was a place that  I could go every week, and feel loved. I remember learning to play chess with grandma, weekly scrabble games, and always looking forward to some extra cousins being there the next week. During the summer, Sunday nights were spent at grandma's where we would go swimming at 12:01 on monday morning, or play old granny in the living room. It still amazes me every time we come to visit how many injuries I've had on those sunday nights. I got my first stitches there, broke my first bone there, and cracked my head open for the first time as well.(Thanks Annie...lol). I remember basketball in the front with Cannon, Abe, and Isaac, and jumping on the trampoline with Brooke, Kendra, Leah, and Annie. Those days it always seemed like their was always a knight baby there, and    I hated the dirty diapers. I loved when grandma would send me to get the board games, or when grandpa would let us help him make his spaghetti. The best sunday dinners were always the ones with just the grandkids, and grandma and grandpa with no parents. Grandma and grandpa were such good examples, they always put us first, and themselves later. unfortunately for Grandma, white carpets are never a good idea with Reid grandkids running through the house. Sunday dinners, and all the time I spent with Grandma, and Grandpa made me who I am today, and for that I am eternally grateful. I love you Grandma and Grandpa, Happy 50th, I am so glad that I could tag along for 15 years of the ride. I love you, Jacob

No comments: